9 healthy bars fore more energy
FIVE SEED BARS
1 cup pumpkin seeds
1 cup dried shredded coconut
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
4 tbs chia seeds
2 tbsp bee pollen (optional)
20 fresh medjool dates, pitted
6 tbsp coconut oil, room temperature
4 tbsp raw cacao powder
1 whole vanilla bean, cut into pieces (including the pod) or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Add after blending
6 tbsp rolled oats
2 tbsp poppy seeds
1. In a food processor or high speed blender, pulse the dry ingredients quickly. Do not over-process, you want it a little crunchy. Place the mixture in a bowl and set aside. Add half of the dates and the rest of the wet ingredients to the food processor. Run the processor for 30 seconds, then add the rest of the dates one at a time while the machine is running until the mixture is smooth. You might have to help out by stirring around a few times with a fork or add a dash of water.2. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients, add oats and poppy seeds and stir until well combined (I used my hands to really get the mixture well combined!). Press the mixture evenly into a 11 x 7-inch baking dish, make sure it becomes quite compact. Place in the fridge for about 30 minutes. Cut into bars. Wrap them in paper and store in an air-tight container. Will keep around a week in the fridge.
APPRICOT AND CHASHEW BARS
1 cup dried
½ cup raw
shredded unsweetened coconut
tablespoons agave syrup
tablespoons coconut oil, melted
tablespoons hemp seeds
1. Line and 8
inch baking pan with parchment paper or saran wrap, and set aside.
cashews in food processor until crumbly, place in a separate bowl.
apricots in food processor until finely chopped. Add all other ingredients to
the apricot mixture and process until well combined.
4. Add the
chopped cashews to the mixture and pulse until combined.
press the apricot mixture into the baking pan, using the flat surface of a
measuring cup to create a flat even layer.
6. Place pan
in the freezer for one hour, then remove and cut into 8 rectangle bars (or more
or less, depending on desired size).
7. Place in an
airtight container and store for up to one month in the fridge.
GOJI BERRY ENERGY BARS
1 cup walnuts
1 cup almonds
1 cup pumpkin seeds
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 Tablespoons coconut flour
½ cup agave
½ cups cocoa nibs
1 cup goji berries
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Grind walnuts, almonds and pumpkin seeds in a food processor. Add the dates and pulse the mixture few times, leaving some texture.
3. Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl; add the other ingredients.
4. Mix well.
5. Spread mixture into an 8x8 pyrex baking dish.
6. Bake for 20 minutes.
7. Cut into squares and serve